Laila McGough

Senior Spotlight
    Laila McGough

Laila McGough is a proud member of Stingline, Yearbook, Interact Club and National Honor Society. She takes class, pride and heart to the next level. 

McGough is an outstanding student who gives not only to the school but to her community. From choreographing routines to being Co-Editor-in-Chief of the yearbook and volunteering for events she leaves a large impact on the school. 

At the end of her years here at Flour Bluff High School, McGough wants to leave her legacy in the school “I feel like I impact the school through the extracurricular activities that I participate in. I am leaving a legacy on our school yearbook committee by changing the way that we design and create yearbooks with the help of my Co-Editor-in-Chief and my advisor,” said McGough. 

Not only is McGough leaving her impact in the classroom but also on the field. Since junior year, McGough has proudly been on Stingline and performing at her best every Friday night. “I like to believe that I leave a legacy on Stingline by helping create the sense of family that Stingline has had this year,” said McGough. 

Throughout her time here, McGough has learned many important life lessons. “My biggest lesson is that you really have the ability to do anything you think you can do. Whether that is to be the best athletes or the best students, if you put your mind to it, you can do it. That learning impact will help motivate me to continue to be persistent in my goals despite the adversity that I may face,” said McGough 

From the classroom to the field, McGough has not only served her school. With the National Honor Society in her back pocket, McGough proudly helps the community with her outstanding volunteer work and makes sure she works at her best. 

McGough has a bright future, as she plans to attend the University of Texas – San Antonio to get her bachelor’s degree in Biology. Soon after, she plans to attend medical school to become a pediatric dermatologist.