Clynton Elwood

Humans of the Hive
    Elwood and his family
    Elwood and his family

CORPUS CHRISTI, TEXAS—Clynton Elwood coaches Track and Field, as well as teaching PE. As the Head Coach for Boys Track & Field, Elwood has gotten to know his students as his students have gotten to know him.

“There are so many positives to teaching/coaching that it is hard to pinpoint one favorite part. I enjoy working with the youth of our community and helping them become better people through athletics. I am grateful for my opportunities every day,” said Elwood.

As his experiences progressed, Elwood had to face uncertain terms about his students. To him, “The hardest part of my career is coming to terms with the understanding that our groups end up exiting the program and graduating. Although I am happy that they are graduating and are succeeding in life, I get used to seeing them every day so it weighs on my heart.”

Elwood has many hobbies outside of school and enjoys doing them whenever he can.

“My hobbies include hunting, fishing, and anything else I can do outdoors.”

Elwood’s ultimate goal is to pay it forward and impact student’s lives in the future.

“I got into this profession because I had really good coaches growing up that had an enormous impact on my life.”

Ultimately, Elwood is grateful for his time here in the district and at the high school.

I am blessed for my opportunities here at Flour Bluff and enjoy every day I get to walk through these doors.”