Jordan Karpinski

Senior Spotlight
Jordan Karpinski

Here at Flour Bluff High School both boys and girls basketball teams have been crushing the court since day one. One of those star players is Jordan Karpinski who was our very own Caller Times News player of the week. 

Karpinski started her journey in basketball at age four. Basketball had always been a part of her life since then. Karpinski started as a floater both on JV and varsity in her junior year of high school. She always did her best to try and give her 110% on and off the court while developing skills with her teammates on JV. 

“I love basketball because it reminds you you can’t do it alone. It’s a team sport and you need all the different parts working together to be successful” said Karpinski. Basketball is very very special to Karpinski because it teaches you so many life skills and how to work together while focusing on multiple things at the same time. 

Off the court, Jordan has had help from so many important people in her life to push her to where she is now. “ God most of all has helped me by giving me strength to push through the trials and difficult moments. My mom has been my biggest supporter no matter what and has always been there for me in times of need. My coaches put in so much hard work that they won’t even get noticed because they push us to be our best selves. Lastly, my teammates  have been such a great blessing because we are always there for each other and such a big support system.” Said Karpinski. 

Karpinski is very thankful to be recognized by the community even though she believes there are so many other hard-working athletes like her that should get recognized too. “ I want everyone to know that anything good I have ever done  has been by the strength of God because there have been so many times when I’ve wanted to give up, but I reminded myself that I wasn’t here for just me.”

With Karpinski’s outstanding performances on the court and off she has very big plans for her future. “After high school, I plan to go into the United States Air Force and study to be a cryptologic linguist. After that, I hope to attend a Bible college and continue my education” said Karpinski. 

Karpinski, an outstanding player has a bright future ahead of her and her chapter here at Flour Bluff will soon close as new ones open.