A Look Beyond Field House

Students benefit from multiple uses for new facility

The+field+house+was+finished+March+2016+and+has+been+able+to+allow+athletes+to+be+more+productive+in+the+school+day.+%22You+can+get+more+done+in+a+shorter+time+frame+with+everything+being+close+together%2C%22+freshman+Mia+Johnson+said.+
Back to Article
Back to Article

A Look Beyond Field House

The field house was finished March 2016 and has been able to allow athletes to be more productive in the school day.

The field house was finished March 2016 and has been able to allow athletes to be more productive in the school day. "You can get more done in a shorter time frame with everything being close together," freshman Mia Johnson said.

Kayla Born

Kayla Born

Kayla Born

The new district athletic field house includes an indoor turf football field that has bases built onto the field for baseball and softball players, a locker room, a film room and a weight room.

The multi purpose athletic field house was built as part of the Bond 2013 that was agreed on to help improve the school.

The 2013 bond allowed the school district to make improvements, including science labs at the junior high, the new athletic field house, the natatorium, updated tennis courts and updating the bus shop.

Athletic director Chris Steinbruck said he feels that the field house has been very beneficial to many  athletes or students in other extracurriculars.

The Stingline dance team has been able to practice in the field house on the turf field to help them with doing run through of their halftime routines.

“We’re able to play our field music and help us figure out tempo and how the beat is (for the dance). We’re also able to keep cool and use the water fountain,” sophomore Samantha Olveda said.

Using the field house has been more time efficient for the football players with getting in the weight room and pulling specialty teams to run through their plays.

“During the week it’s much more efficient running the program. On Monday and Wednesday when we lift, we can pull special teams, like kickoff team and punt team, and just work specialities and they’re within five or six seconds of the weight room,” Steinbruck said.

The field house has also been very beneficial on game days Steinbruck said. The players get to stay inside on the turf field instead of going on the game field.

The track team also has been able to use the new weight room.

“The new weight room is really big and we’re able to keep cool while working out instead of being out in the heat,” freshman Mia Johnson said.

The weight room has updated equipment and the players get to practice in any kind of weather or any time of day,  sophomore Christian Martinez said.